Accessing item.php in exhibits folder

Nancy Moussa

Jan 6, 2017, 4:12:14 PM1/6/17
to Omeka Dev
Hi,

After migration to Exhibit Builder 3, and have this issue:

We can not access the item.php in
Themes/custom-theme/Exhibit-builder/exhibits/item.php

it is always going to:

themes/custom-theme/items/item.php

Any idea why we have this issue?

In the past, we used to have item.php, show.php, summary.php and browse.php under exhibits and we were able to theme without issues.

Currently, I can access all except the item.php

Regards
Nancy

John Flatness

Jan 9, 2017, 10:29:52 AM1/9/17
to omek...@googlegroups.com
To avoid problems where the theme's item.php diverged from the Exhibit
Builder specific one, Exhibit Builder for a while has just used the
theme's item.php as-is.

You still have the ability to theme the "from an exhibit" case
specifically: an $exhibit variable gets assigned to that view when it's
coming from the Exhibit Builder, so you can use the presence of that to
switch between exhibit and non-exhibit styling (and of course the
variable is the Exhibit object so you can do styling that differs from
exhibit to exhibit as well).

-John

Nancy Moussa

Jan 9, 2017, 12:43:32 PM1/9/17
to Omeka Dev

Thanks for replying, John!

Just to clarify, where is the location of the item.php that Exhibit builder is using it?

is it under items folder in theme archive such as

Omeka/themes/my-theme/items/show.php

or it is

Omeka/themes/my-theme/Exhibit-Builder/exibits/item.php

Currently, I can not customise the Omeka/themes/my-theme/Exhibit-Builder/exibits/item.php  since I see Omeka access the Omeka/themes/my-theme/items/show.php

Nancy