Hello World!

Erik Shafer

May 3, 2016, 4:00:35 PM5/3/16
to Omaha Java Users Group
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post a quick message. I am a returning student at UNO that is a computer science major. I am relatively new, but not so new, to coding. Over a decade ago I used to recycle and tweak a lot of the same trivial PHP and JavaScript code for multiple websites I built for fun or for profit. Then WordPress and other content management systems came out, and I looked for income elsewhere.

I'm currently going through a few MOOCs, work as an intern at Union Pacific, and plan on taking the "weed out class" Data Structures & Algorithms this fall at UNO. It's an exciting time and I hope to meet you all soon.

Erik

PS: I use Eclipse. Does anyone want to try and convert me?

Matt Payne

May 3, 2016, 4:08:40 PM5/3/16
to Omaha Java Users Group

Welcome Erik!   It's great that you're joining us.   There's a video of a great meeting about eclipse & intelliJ[2].   It's on our youtube channel[1].

BTW TechOmaha.com has a great list of events around Omaha and a nice archive of http://techomaha.com/videos/