[DownloadManager::CachePackage failed][0xa043050d]

Thom BENTLEY

Mar 11, 2024, 12:43:57 PMMar 11
to Omaha Discuss
Hello,
I inherited a project at work that uses a fork of version from around 2019 of the Omaha installer repo.

When I run the setup.exe created, it downloads the installer from the omaha server and runs the installer.  Once I press the install button, it attempts to complete the install but always fails because of a problem caching the package:
[DownloadManager::CachePackage failed][0xa043050d]
The installer displays a message box stating that it failed to cache the downloaded installer with an error code of 0x80070057
Looking at the error codes.  This just means that the caching failed in the PackageCache::Put.  Since I can't get all logging levels to log to the log file, I can't tell which part is failing.  Put is called from DownloadManager::CachePackage.
Any suggestions how I might get the actual cause of this cache failure?
Thanks!

The information in this email and any attachments are intended solely for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed, and may be confidential and/or privileged. Any unauthorized distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is prohibited. If you are not a named recipient or have received this email in error: (i) you should not read, disclose, or copy it, (ii) please notify the sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email and all attachments.