Omaha support for VS 2015

Sorin Jianu

Aug 7, 2015, 11:56:06 PM8/7/15
to omaha-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
we've committed a couple of changes to Omaha trunk in Github.

First, we support Visual Studio 2015 and Windows SDK for Windows 10. Second, there are a couple of bug fixes, as described in the CHANGELOG.txt file.

The intention is to offer support for the latest version of the compiler and SDK toolchain. At the moment, the project builds with both Visual Studio 2013 and 2015. It is possible it builds with older versions of Visual Studio but it has not been tested with.

As the implementation of C++11/14 on Windows has matured, we will start uses C++11 features in the Omaha code base, following the Chromium guidelines for C++11 (https://chromium-cpp.appspot.com/). That means the code will not compile with toolchains older than VS2013.

Thank you!