Re: Volunteering

Bryan Berry

Jul 11, 2008, 7:56:18 AM7/11/08
to olpcnepal

Ujjwol wrote:
>i want to volunteer how can i do that...........

Easy, you can come by the OLE Nepal office next Monday after 5 pm.

We could really use help w/

1) development of activities w/ Etoys
2) make those activities use the presence service for collaboration
3) development of the e-pustakalaya, which will be available online and
off-line
4) Bernie is looking to recruit and mentor developers for sugar, and he
is incredible mentor. He teaches Sulochan and I stuff all the time.

Our office is near Sanepa Chowk
http://www.olenepal.org/contact_us.html

We have a # of volunteers in the office, Nepali and badeshi but have
been bad about having general community meetings. We've been working
60-70 hours/week since February and it has been hard to find time for
organizing volunteers.

I don't want to say that OLE Nepal represents OLPC in Nepal. Frankly ICT
in education is a much bigger and broader goal and more important. Great
organizations like MPP, Save the children are also working in this area.

the office # is 554-4441

if anyone else is interested let me know

later,

Bryan

Ujjwol लामिछाने[UNIX]

Jul 12, 2008, 8:49:55 AM7/12/08
to OLPC Nepal
is OLPC Nepal and OLE same thing
if it is does my volunteering to OLE/OLPC Nepal is to same
organization..