Mapmaking Activity with Plan Ceibal

Nicholas Doiron

Jun 2, 2011, 12:20:48 AM6/2/11
to olpcma...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I just completed a mapmaking activity for Plan Ceibal. This is
essentially the Offline Maps activity with more education, mapping, and
content features.

* You have a library of maps, including a political map of Uruguay, and
the cultural map made by the Surui tribe (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVv_XF5mKhI ). You can add maps that you
made in Google Earth.

* Checkboxes let you switch between satellite and roadmap views, as well
as library maps

* While you're connected to the internet, you automatically search Google
Maps and can import satellite photos of an area

* While you're connected to the internet, you can search your current map
view for nearby photos and wiki articles (wiki articles are Spanish by
default)

Download: http://mapmeld.appspot.com/MapaCeibal.xo

I've left Uruguay and am about to start working for ESRI, which means I'm
taking a break from open-source mapping. Good luck with the activity.

Regards,
Nick Doiron

Samuel Klein

Jun 2, 2011, 1:31:48 AM6/2/11
to olpcma...@googlegroups.com
That's fantastic. Especially the library... Congrats!! SJ

> --
> Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266