Monday LA/SoCal olpcMAP Jam! When afternoon/evening's best?

Holt

Feb 26, 2011, 8:07:49 AM2/26/11
to OLPC Southern California, Support Gangsters, olpcMA...@googlegroups.com
Christian, Raj & All,

Thanks for your tremendous help at http://socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/ -- being stuck on the East Cost it really means a lot hearing the OLPC/Sugar booth has the "most heart" of all booths at SCaLE.

Caryl & I are trying hard to finalize our LA/SoCal olpcMAP Jam time Monday night, making sure everyone who wants to jump in and fully showcase+beautify their work now has that chance -- after 3 years: (or even just 3 days for the new folks!)

    http://olpcMAP.net?go=greater_los_angeles
    http://olpcMAP.net?go=southern_california

Caryl & family get all the credit, truthfully.  Now's our turn to follow her lead, mapmaking together, getting to know everyone's great community projects on map above -- putting on paper our solid prep discussion Caryl led last week here:

    http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2011-February/012568.html

Do you think 7PM PST (10PM EST) Monday makes sense??  Or any other time Monday that works better, let us know!!

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net

Holt

Feb 27, 2011, 2:14:21 PM2/27/11
to OLPC Southern California, Support Gangsters, IAEP, grass...@lists.laptop.org, olpcMA...@googlegroups.com
Emails I've received all wkd are evidence of the infectious spirit Caryl's brought to so, so many, Thanks for your absolutely non-stop work organizing Caryl! (as I hide in the true Northern CA here ;)

So many of us are looking forward to all your stories Monday night, as we help you map this year's contributions from http://socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x volunteers, and award a Red XO to the community project you believe best showcases (on map) OLPC/Sugar progress & possibility:

    7pm PST (10pm EST)

    +1 866 213-2185    or    +1 609 454-9914
    Access Code: 1671650#

Backchannel:

    http://forum.laptop.org/chat
    (that's #olpc-help on irc.freenode.net)

Thanks for inviting your truest LA edutech gangs -- it's no coincidence Los Angeles and Latin America share initials ;)  Making sure everyone who wants to jump in to showcase+beautify their hard-fought education technology project -- now has that chance, after 3 years.  Or even just 3 days for new folks!

Following Caryl's pioneering 2009 lead (http://j.mp/erEQQJ, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Southern_California_OLPC_Projects), everyone now has this golden opportunity for Mapmaking Together: bringing independent edutech projects onto everybody's community map.  Even if only http://twitter.com/SweetXOGrannie herself (Teacher Caryl & secret support team AKA husband) could bring these Southern California after-school experiments & accomplishments full circle :)
Please join us Monday evening -- exceptional and diverse efforts appearing here soon!

    http://olpcMAP.net?go=greater_los_angeles
    http://olpcMAP.net?go=southern_california

PS If *you* want to co-lead one of our weekly mapmaking events or schedule your own, to activate STREETS-IS-TALKIN' participation around educational technology in any school/city/region -- even if it's not all OLPC/Sugar -- definitely please contact me, and we'll give you the tools :)  ho...@laptop.org

Weekly Spring Calendar evolving here, thanks to volunteers everywhere: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP
--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !