searching olpcMAP for "Indonesia"

Holt

May 19, 2011, 2:15:27 PM5/19/11
to olpcMA...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

http://olpcMAP.net zooms in way too much when you search on the word
"Indonesia" -- showing just one of the several deployments/volunteers
across this broad country -- can you fix this to show a more high-level
view?

--
Help kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net !

Nicholas Doiron

May 19, 2011, 2:27:00 PM5/19/11
to olpcma...@googlegroups.com
The issue here is that only one point uses the word "Indonesia".  If you want your project to show up in a search, use that word in your marker.
Another example: when I search for Sudan and there's only one related project, I see that project in North Dakota.  It's the only one on olpcMAP working with Sudanese people, so it's the one you want to see.  If someone else starts writing about Sudan, search will respect that.

Just in case, there is always a Google Maps search result on the left sidebar.  Click that and you'll see the map.

--
Nick

Holt

May 19, 2011, 2:35:44 PM5/19/11
to olpcma...@googlegroups.com
This is fixed now, so I won't ask questions.

(The issue had been worse than I even stated earlier -- actual/humble Indonesia deployments were being ignored -- and searching for "Indonesia" led to 1 individual's gossip in Malaysia ;)