Move markers & scalability

Pablo Flores

Jan 20, 2011, 6:38:11 AM1/20/11
to olpcMA...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

First I want to congratulate all your the efforts working for olpcMAP, which is becoming a very valuable tool!

I'd like to promote the idea of geo-localizing uruguayan volunteers network (mainly RAP Ceibal) on olpcMAP, but I have a couple of concerns:
- Is there a way for moving markers after saved? For instance, I'd like to move mine (it's in Montevideo, but I'd like to put it closer to my actual address) but didn't find a way to do it.
- You think the system will scale for having, let's say more than 100 markers in a city? If there are lots of markers in a small area, maybe there should be a way to prioritize some of them (for instance, in Uruguay, the "Plan Ceibal" one).

Saludos,
Pablo Flores

P.S: Is there a features-list available somewhere?

Holt

Jan 20, 2011, 9:21:16 AM1/20/11
to olpcma...@googlegroups.com
Nick Doiron happens to be working on both as we speak!  We hope to have Great News for you by end of day -- hope to see you soon Uruguay :)

P.S: Is there a features-list available somewhere?

Preliminary features list:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP/data-api

Strong writers please reply if you can join our Norway Masters Students, who've created these high-level summary tours:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP (PDF & screenflow animation)

And/or work with Marina & Alexandra who are making life easy for new users here:
http://saigonolpc.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/olpcMAP