Translation sprint 12th March 2011, 9:00 am: XO manual

Quynh Vu Do

Feb 25, 2011, 11:01:35 PM2/25/11
to OLPC Vietnam
Hi everybody
Hi everyone,

We will organize a translation sprint (that means to finish up the
translation) for the XO_vi manual, of which 12 out of a total 29
chapters have already been published in Vietnamese, on Saturday 12th
march 2011, starting at 9:00 am. There will be coffee, tea, biscuits
and we can eventually call in some food for lunch if needed. Four
people (including me) have already committed their participation.
Please feel free to join with us, if you can, by replying to this
post. If you are not confident enough to translate, you can still
review existing translation for a better quality.

We will also introduce the Flossmanuals's translation platform and how
to use if for the beginners.

If you are not in Hanoi, you can still try to join our efforts on that
day through an IRC channel or through Google Chat (audio & video).
Tell us then so that we can setup the discussion room.

The XO_vi manual to finish the translation can be seen here:
http://translate.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/XO_vi/WebHome

Location:
CNF center (inside the Institut de la Francophonie pour
l'informatique, aka IFI), ngõ 42 Tạ Quang Bửu (Hai Bà Trưng district),
Hanoi.

To see the location of IFI on the map :
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=21.002711,105.847896&spn=0.00338,0.004823&t=h&z=18

To get to the CNF:
Enter the 42 TQB's gate, walk about 50 meters to find the IFI's gate
on your left. Just push the IFI's gate (it may look closed, it is not)
then turn to your right and walk straight towards the garden in the
end of the alley to find the CNF center.

You may find more details on this action on the Hanoilug's wiki where
I created this page: http://wiki.hanoilug.org/projects:olpcvn

Best Regards

Nancie Severs

Feb 26, 2011, 8:57:46 AM2/26/11
to olpc-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
This is great! Thanks to everyone for helping! This will enable those with XOs in Vietnam already and also anyone interested in trying sugar on a stick (SOAS) to see how to more fully use and teach with Sugar and XOs.

I look forward to sharing the Floss Manual link and finished product!
Best and thanks,
Nancie

This email came from my XO from OLPC!
Please check out One Laptop Per Child at http://laptop.org/ and help make the world a better place!

Ngô Huy Hoàng

Feb 26, 2011, 8:57:40 AM2/26/11
to OLPC Vietnam

On Feb 26, 11:01 am, Quynh Vu Do <vdqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody
> Hi everyone,
>
> We will organize a translation sprint (that means to finish up the
> translation) for the XO_vi manual, of which 12 out of a total 29
> chapters have already been published in Vietnamese, on Saturday 12th
> march 2011, starting at 9:00 am. There will be coffee, tea, biscuits
> and we can eventually call in some food for lunch if needed. Four
> people (including me) have already committed their participation.
> Please feel free to join with us, if you can, by replying to this
> post. If you are not confident enough to translate, you can still
> review existing translation for a better quality.

Hi,
This is a very good idea. I would love to take part in this
"Translathon". See you guys there.

Have a nice weekend
--
Hoàng

Quynh Vu Do

Feb 26, 2011, 9:22:15 PM2/26/11
to olpc-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hoàng,

2011/2/26 Ngô Huy Hoàng <hoang...@gmail.com>:

> This is a very good idea. I would love to take part in this
> "Translathon". See you guys there.

Good to have you joining us.
If you have not done so, please open yourself an editing account for
translating Flossmanuals at:

http://translate.flossmanuals.net/register

Best regards and have a nice WE too.

--
Vu Do Quynh (M.)
Hanoi, Vietnam

Ngô Huy Hoàng

Feb 28, 2011, 4:39:31 AM2/28/11
to olpc-v...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Quynh Vu Do <vdq...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Hoàng,

2011/2/26 Ngô Huy Hoàng <hoang...@gmail.com>:

> This is a very good idea. I would love to take part in this
> "Translathon". See you guys there.

Good to have you joining us.
If you have not done so, please open yourself an editing account for
translating Flossmanuals at:

http://translate.flossmanuals.net/register

I've registered, signed in. It seems to me that I need to be added to the group before being able to start translating. If this is the case, my account name is HuyHoangNgo.

Best regards.

--
Hoàng

Quynh Vu Do

Mar 1, 2011, 9:12:02 AM3/1/11
to olpc-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

2011/2/28 Ngô Huy Hoàng <hoang...@gmail.com>:

Normally there is no need to join a group to be able to translate.

Go to this page and, after login, try to edit/translate any chapter to verify.

http://translate.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/XO_vi/WebHome

or you can click on any edit/translate links and you will be asked
your login and password.
Then you should be able to edit/translate.

Edit is for modifying existing translations.
Translating will show two side_to_side windows, one with the original
text, in English, the other one for translation in Vietnamese.

Best regards

Ngô Huy Hoàng

Mar 1, 2011, 10:01:18 AM3/1/11
to olpc-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your direction. Yesterday, all the links I clicked were Talk links so I didn't see anything to translate :-).

Regards

--
Hoàng