[Fwd: Join professors getting their classes into FOSS hacking for dinner on June 17th

Karlie

Jun 9, 2010, 10:34:33 AM6/9/10
to olpc-roc...@googlegroups.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Join professors getting their classes into FOSS hacking for
dinner on Thursday
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:15:05 -0400
From: Mel Chua <m...@redhat.com>
To: Charles Profitt <indi...@rochester.rr.com>, Karlie Robinson
<karlie_...@webpath.net>

Hey, folks!

We'd like to invite local Sugar/Fedora hackers (you!) to dinner with a
group of professors (mostly from RIT) who are in town next week for
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE, a workshop for learning
how to get their students involved contributing to open source projects.
(In this case, Sugar.) They'll be learning to hack Sugar all week,
hanging out in #sugar, and so forth, but we thought it'd be nice for
them to meet some local Sugar folks in person.

Dinner is Thursday, June 17 - exact location still being set, but dining
time will be 7pm.

We have a limited number of seats, so we'll need RSVPs. Please forward
this to Sugar/Fedora people in the area you think might be interested -
the two of you were who I could think to start with. We'll keep taking
RSVPs until we run out of seats at the dinner table.

--Mel

PS: Dinner is on us.