Open Source Mixer at RIT's Center for Student Innovation 10/27 7-9 pm

Karlie Robinson

Oct 20, 2009, 10:01:49 AM10/20/09
to gee...@meetup.com, pyth...@meetup.com, mlav...@rochester.rr.com, LUGOR discussion list, WNYLUG, olpc-roc...@googlegroups.com
Join us for this open and informal meeting of the minds for Rochester's
Open Source Community, hosted by RIT's Center for Student Innovation,
the OLPC XO User's Group and Lab for Technological Literacy.

Our goal is to get to know each other better and build links across the
groups that make our town such a hotbed of FOSS activity.

Learn more about a possible FOSScon here this summer and what the XO
user's group is up to.

Come tell us what your group is up to - or if you don't have a group
yet, what you're interested in (and we'll find you one). Groups and
individuals are welcome to prepare a short presentation (under 15
minute) about their work and interest areas.

Find out how you and your projects can partner with and get involved
with RIT and open source!

Guests from The Fedora Project and Red Hat, Inc., Greg DeKoenigsberg,
Luke Macken (RIT and CS House Alum) and Mel Chua will be joining us.

DIRECTIONS -
The Student Innovations center is building 87
[http://facilities.rit.edu/campus/maps/] and we'll be in the round,
glass enclosed space on the first floor.

Park in Lot S or J

Driving Directions can be found at http://www.rit.edu/maps/

And finally, let me first ask forgiveness for the cross posting. I
wanted to be sure everyone who might be interested was invited.

Please email me directly with any questions you might have about the event.

~Karlie Robinson

Karlie Robinson

Oct 27, 2009, 8:34:12 AM10/27/09
to LUGOR discussion list, gee...@meetup.com, mlav...@rochester.rr.com, WNYLUG, olpc-roc...@googlegroups.com