We're cooking up a multi-group Mixer

Karlie Robinson

Oct 1, 2009, 9:16:10 AM10/1/09
to LUGOR discussion list, WNYLUG, olpc-roc...@googlegroups.com, gee...@meetup.com
Good morning everyone!

I'm excited to say that Greg DeKoenigsberg and Luke Macken (bios below) are firming up plans to be in Rochester October 25-27.

Greg and Luke will be here to see first hand how RIT, the local and wider community are coming together to teach open source at RIT.

While they're in town, the OLPC steering committee (for lack of a better term) would like to host an informal joint meeting with LUGs of Rochester and WNY, OLPC Rochester, RIT Computer Science House and possibly others.

Please leave the afternoon and evening of Sunday October 25 and the evening of October 25 open for this possible get-together.

The format and location are still being arranged (We're leaning towards the new Innovations Center at RIT because it's an absolutely wonderful space) and I'll update the lists as soon as we have more details.  If you have input or ideas about the time/place/format, please email them to me.

Thanks,
Karlie

SHORT BIOS - Google for more info.
Greg DeKoenigsberg is is a Senior Community Architect at Red Hat.  He serves on the oversight board for Sugar Labs, the organization that drives development of the Sugar educational platform currently used on the OLPC XO laptop and Sugar on a Stick.  Greg is also a founding member of http://teachingopensource.org/ and the 4th Grade Math initiative was his push.

Luke Macken is an RIT alum ('07) and currently a Software Engineer at Red Hat, Inc.  Trust me when I say that Luke is one of the most talented software engineers I've had the pleasure to meet.  He's involved with no fewer than 13 projects for Fedora and many personal projects as well.