Volunteer map

Sameer Verma

Jul 10, 2010, 11:50:30 AM7/10/10
to olpc-...@googlegroups.com, Adam Holt
Hello,
We are trying to map out volunteers across India based on geographical
location, so that we can get a better idea of people and spread. We
also get several volunteer queries at OLPC via their help@ address.
So, Shirish Goyal, a new volunteer from Bangalore/Bengaluru has put up
a Google Map of volunteers at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_India#Connecting_dots_in_India

Go ahead and add yourself to it. You can do so directly in the wiki
(see Shirish's example when you click [edit] on that section). If
unsure about how to do this, you can send your information to Shirish
at shiris...@gmail.com and we'll add it.

Information needed:

Name:
Email:
City/town:

If you are willing to provide your street or neighborhood, that's OK.
We don't need a precise home address. If you have a web address/URL
that would be great too. This is a start. Your input is much
appreciated :-)

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems

Sameer Verma

Jul 13, 2010, 9:30:46 PM7/13/10
to olpc-...@googlegroups.com, Adam Holt

Some of you had questions about adding yourself to the map. Shirish
has added some instructions.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_add_a_new_dot%28marker%29_in_the_map_below%3F
Of course, feel free to ask if you still need help or if you want one
of us to add you to the map.

Samuel Klein

Jul 14, 2010, 7:11:30 PM7/14/10
to olpc-...@googlegroups.com
cool! can't wait to see the result... sj

> --

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj