Getting the Voltage Right

1 view

amit gogna

Jun 7, 2010, 11:23:06 AM6/7/10
to olpc-...@googlegroups.com
I had visited Khairat last Friday.  There has been battery issues and it was more of my usual urge to get out of the city.

On reaching there with help of the teacher Surve we started charging batteries using SMPS.

(DBF (Digital Bridge Foundation) and HBCSE (Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education ) have worked to get these XO batteries charged using SMPS with some more electronics . The details of doing that would be but up on the  wiki soon by one of the volunteers who has been working on it. )

Some of the pics :-

http://picasaweb.google.com/amit.gognaa/BackToKhairat

Regards,
Amit G
--
"Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    - Mark Twain

Sameer Verma

Jun 7, 2010, 1:10:39 PM6/7/10
to olpc-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM, amit gogna <amit....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had visited Khairat last Friday.  There has been battery issues and it was
> more of my usual urge to get out of the city.
>
> On reaching there with help of the teacher Surve we started charging
> batteries using SMPS.

SMPS = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switched-mode_power_supply

Is this correct?

Sameer

> (DBF (Digital Bridge Foundation) and HBCSE (Homi Bhabha Center for Science
> Education ) have worked to get these XO batteries charged using SMPS with
> some more electronics . The details of doing that would be but up on the
> wiki soon by one of the volunteers who has been working on it. )
>
> Some of the pics :-
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/amit.gognaa/BackToKhairat
>

> Regards,
> Amit G
> --
> "Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
> Explore. Dream. Discover."
>     - Mark Twain

amit gogna

Jun 7, 2010, 1:15:55 PM6/7/10