[OLPC.ch] General Assembly today

Michael Lew

Jul 3, 2014, 11:31:05 AM7/3/14
to olp...@lists.laptop.org
Dear members, volunteers, and friends of olpc.ch,

As vice-president (or co-president) of the Swiss section of the
One Laptop Per Child project, I wanted to update you a little
bit with our work in progress and achievements so far.

This year, I will not be able to be present physically in Bern,
because I am in Paris. Therefore I am proposing to tune in
using Skype video, at some point during the meeting.
My Skype ID is : levstudiom.

It would be terrific to be able to follow the entire meeting
remotely, but I imagine that such a webcast has to be
prepared well in advance in order to function properly.

Some of the topics I wanted to address are :

- Contacts with other associations involved with children
education : OLPC France, Janusz Korczak Gesellschaft,
Le Cube (Issy-les-Moulineaux)

- Participating in the ACM Interaction Design for Children
conference

- Validating our official Manifesto

- Python training

- Academic principles (a 2004 paper by Minsky and some
thoughts on the classification of ludic activities by Caillois)

- the support we have of Chris Mburu, from the UN Human
Rights Council in Geneva

Looking forward to hearing/seeing some of you later !

Michael.