[OLPC.ch] Fwd: UNCRC Public Consultation on General Comment 25

1 view

Michael Lew

Aug 26, 2020, 6:44:30 PM8/26/20
to OLPC Switzerland/Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra, see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Switzerland, Ibrahima Guisse, Maria Tefel, u...@olpc.ch
Dear friends and committee members of OLPC (Switzerland),

The Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) has extended the
deadline for contributing to the General Comment on children's
rights in relation to the digital environment.

The new deadline is now November 15, 2020, for a maximum
length of 3'000 words, as described on these pages :

I plan to send them a contribution in the name of One Laptop
Per Child, as I have been officially designated main Geneva
representative of the worldwide NGO to the United Nations
since last May (we have ECOSOC consultative status).

If anyone on this mailing list would like to participate in the
elaboration of this document, please email me, I'd be happy
to include you in this process.

I think that it's the first time that the CRC addresses the
question of digital technologies seriously. So I am very excited
that we have the opportunity to participate.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
and good luck to everyone for this new academic year !

Best wishes,

Michael Lew
--
Co-Chairman, One Laptop Per Child (Switzerland)