[OLPC.ch] Video about olpc.ch

Michael Lew

Mar 20, 2016, 5:49:17 PM3/20/16
to olp...@lists.laptop.org
Dear all :

The current main page of the olpc.ch web site
mentions a short video recorded at the Swiss
Day of Computer Science, on August 29th, 2008.

However, the link that is supposed to lead to this
video is outdated.

• Is the video still online ? If yes, what is the URL ?

• Can anyone explain to me what the Swiss Day
of Computer Science is, and if we should plan to
be present there in the future.

Thanks to all the readers of this list.

Best,

Michael.
--
Co-Chairman, One Laptop Per Child (Switzerland)

Beat Döbeli Honegger

Mar 20, 2016, 6:54:29 PM3/20/16
to OLPC Switzerland/Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra, see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Switzerland
Dear Michael,

> The current main page of the olpc.ch <http://olpc.ch> web site
> mentions a short video recorded at the Swiss
> Day of Computer Science, on August 29th, 2008.
>
> However, the link that is supposed to lead to this
> video is outdated.
>
> • Is the video still online ? If yes, what is the URL ?

I'm not sure if it is the same video, but i just uploaded a video (6 min) I found on my harddisk of our tent at the "Tag der Informatik 2008" in Zürich:

https://youtu.be/CmBDlM54TSE

> • Can anyone explain to me what the Swiss Day
> of Computer Science is, and if we should plan to
> be present there in the future.

The "Tag der Informatik" was a one-time event in Zürich during the Swiss year of computer science ("Jahr der Informatik"). So at the moment there is no possibility to be present there ;-)

Best,
Beat

Michael Vorburger

Mar 21, 2016, 7:00:39 AM3/21/16
to OLPC Switzerland/Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra, see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Switzerland
Hallo,

what a memory! Beat thanks for re-sharing that video - I remember that day well. Hope you guys are all doing great.

Best,
Michael

Michael Vorburger
http://www.vorburger.ch