Shameless promotion, or: where next?

Yishay Mor

Feb 28, 2013, 6:01:47 PM2/28/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com
Someone asked if the OLDS MOOC team is planning another MOOC (answer: not anytime soon.. we need a break!)
Someone else asked about OU courses in learning design / evaluation / related subjects.

Yes, one of the business models for MOOCs is "freemium" - you give something for free and offer payed goods for those who like it. This wasn't our model. On the other hand, you asked. So I thought maybe the best way around this is to open a thread, where anyone can promote anything they think would be of interest to this community. Please keep is short and tasteful.

Yishay

Yishay Mor

Mar 2, 2013, 12:42:05 PM3/2/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com
So I'll throw the first stone:

The OU's MA Module "Openness and innovation in elearning" is scheduled has just started:

This Module  invites you to think about and discuss what constitutes true innovation in this area and to consider why some innovations are adopted more readily than others. You will gain the skills to become a pedagogical professional in the use of innovative technologies for learning.

It includes a MOOC on Open Education, which is open to all

And a Learning Design Studio, which is a somewhat more structured variant of the core structure and concept of OLDS MOOC.

Yishay

Will Pollard

Mar 3, 2013, 12:36:21 PM3/3/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com
The MoSO group will have a meeting at the CQI in London on March 15th. More info through LinkedIn

flier

£20 for the day. MoSO is a model of a sustainable organisation, based on Deming ideas. Warning fair, this is mostly for quality management / systems types of people. Learning will be in background, but discussion in afternnon may include what to do with the content. My interest is in how "design science" is understood in different contexts. There is potential if it means much the same both for learning and management.

Penny Bentley

Mar 6, 2013, 5:16:56 PM3/6/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com
Any organisation want to run tne MOOC Skills course to transform teaching staff into tech savvy connected educators? I'll shamelessly accept the opportunity to deliver it for you (once it's been fully designed). http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/8201

Apostolos Koutropoulos

Mar 6, 2013, 6:08:28 PM3/6/13
to Penny Bentley, olds-mo...@googlegroups.com

I don't know if my organization would be interested; but I am willing to advertise it :-)

sent from my Newton 800

Στις 6 Μαρ 2013 5:16 μ.μ., ο χρήστης "Penny Bentley" <penben...@gmail.com> έγραψε: