W9 Showcase 3: MOOCing about

Yishay Mor

Mar 9, 2013, 6:34:39 AM3/9/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com, olds-mo...@googlegroups.com, olds...@googlegroups.com
Dear OLDSMOOCers,

Good to see more design narratives popping up, such as Kelly's learner narrative and Sandie's designer narrative of a learning design course for FE teachers. Keep them coming - and give them feedback!

Today's theme is "MOOCing about". Quite a few of you joined this MOOC out of, let's be honest, an interest in the MOOC phenomena. And in the spirit of "learning by design", we're seeing a few projects which are aimed at designing MOOCs or MOOC related learning experiences. Today we've chosen to showcase two of those: Penny Bentley's #MOOCskills Project (and her animated design narrative) and Tiffany Crosby business psychology MOOC (note the links at the bottom of her narrative).
Both of these design narrative provide a nice sample of their design outputs - so there's a lot for you to review and comment on. But it would also be interesting to hear more about the process - how did Penny and Tiffany arrive at their design? Did they use the OULDI cards? The PPC? Personas? Ecology of Resources? Did they find and remix OERs?

Ask them..

Yishay and the OLDS MOOC team
Dr. Yishay Mor
Senior Lecturer, Educational Technology