W9 Showcase 5: Remix and evolve, or - Steal this course!

Yishay Mor

Mar 11, 2013, 5:55:55 AM3/11/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com, olds-mo...@googlegroups.com, olds...@googlegroups.com
Dear OLDMOOCers,

Today's showcase includes one design narrative and a challenge. The design narrative is Sandie Gay's Learning Design course for FE teachers. As Bob said, "you only learn it when you teach it". So Sandie is planning to teach Learning Design to Further Education professionals. Apart from our delight at seeing her spread the gospel, and our satisfaction at seeing her make the knowledge of the MOOC our own, we see an inherent value in open resharing and reuse.
Whenever you take learning design and apply it to a new context, you are bound to evaluate it, refine it, and most likely - improve it. Reuse is evolution.

So here's the challenge: have you, or have you witnessed someone else, or are you planning to reuse some of the OERs, practices or ideas from this MOOC? Tell us about it in response to this message, or in a cloud in the Beyond OLDS MOOC cloudscape.

Yishay and the OLDS MOOC team

Dr. Yishay Mor
Senior Lecturer, Educational Technology
http://iet.open.ac.uk/people/yishay.mor