The Digital Innovation Contest: £192k to encourage digital innovation in education

Yishay Mor

Mar 4, 2013, 11:58:25 AM3/4/13
to olds-mo...@googlegroups.com
https://connect.innovateuk.org/web/digital-innovation-contest-education

Summary

The Digital Innovation Contest - Education is being run by IC tomorrow in association with Nesta and our challenge partners Cambridge University Press, The Open University, Mozilla and Pearson. We are offering up to four businesses up to £48,000 each in funding for the development of innovative commercial prototypes. We are looking for applications under four challenges focusing on different areas of education.

The challenges

  • one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘English language vocabulary learning’ challenge area supported by the Cambridge University Press. For more information please click here.
  • one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘enabling responsible use of personally owned devices in schools’ challenge area supported by The Open University. For more information please click here.
  • one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘digital assessment and accreditation challenge area supported by Mozilla. For more information please click here.
  • one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘beyond digital textbooks’ challenge area supported by Pearson. For more information please click here.

Benefits

The successful applicants will benefit from:

  • exposure to a range of leading sector partners
  • testing their proposed application or service with leading sector partners
  • promotion for their prototype solution via the IC tomorrow programme
  • retain their intellectual property
  • register a trial on the IC tomorrow digital test bed.

Apply

The contest takes place over a two stage process, to apply for stage one you simply need to fill out our simple online application form and produce a two minute video about your proposal by 12 noon Monday  8 April.  We aim to pick 12 finalists to go through to the second stage which will include a live pitch to a panel of judges. For more information about the contest process click here.

Dr. Yishay Mor
Senior Lecturer, Educational Technology
http://iet.open.ac.uk/people/yishay.mor
+44 1908 6 59373