Re: 1 new message in 1 topic - digest

1 view

Ricardo Desirat

Apr 14, 2007, 9:43:48 AM4/14/07
to okopipi-discuss digest subscribers

gmail is a bombed mail service available for spaming alot... you have to make your own filters... try to use a group name bettwen brackets [subject] and use a filter to tag it. it works with me. if you whant a free mail with good results in not receiving spam use hotmail or hushmail. these 2 are very nice. other, try not to use your main mail on public foruns, public sites , etc

On 4/14/07, okopipi-discuss group <nor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

okopipi-discuss
http://groups.google.com/group/okopipi-discuss?hl=en

okopipi...@googlegroups.com

Today's topics:

* Project validity - 1 messages, 1 author
http://groups.google.com/group/okopipi-discuss/browse_thread/thread/432993c74a6fbf4e?hl=en

TOPIC: Project validity
http://groups.google.com/group/okopipi-discuss/browse_thread/thread/432993c74a6fbf4e?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Thurs, Apr 12 2007 11:29pm
From: "Cyrus Jones"

I use Gmail and it doesn't filter all spam. A few get through and I
don't really mind, however. What I care is that some legit emails get
marked as spam (false positives), specifically a lot of emails that
say my email bounced back (which are legit).

I get way too much spam to be able to check my spam folder. All I can
do is run searches for topics that a spammer wouldn't use, but I or a
friend would.

The issue with those "postmaster" emails is that I email my friend and
give a 10 MB attachment and await him to do some improvements and send
it back too me. Email bounces back, marked as spam in Gmail, and I
think he received it while he thinks I never sent it (we only find out
after a long time).

Needed Gmail feature: if an email contains text you have sent to
someone, it should not be marked as spam.

On Apr 10, 10:42 pm, "Half-Mad" <Half....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've lost all hope that this thing will ever exist.  I am
> unsubscribing from the okopipi groups.
>
> The spammers won in this battle.
> My response, just use Gmail.  It filters out all of the spam.
>
> On Apr 10, 10:38 pm, "Half-Mad" <Half....@gmail.com > wrote:
>
> > It's been a year.
> > Nothing has happened.
> > It is vapor ware.
>
> > On Apr 3, 1:27 pm, "Cyrus Jones" < dara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I agree.

To change the way you get mail from this group, visit:
http://groups.google.com/group/okopipi-discuss/subscribe?hl=en

To report abuse, send email explaining the problem to ab...@googlegroups.com

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com?hl=en

zounds

Apr 15, 2007, 6:08:00 AM4/15/07
to okopipi-discuss
I receive a few hundred spam a day from the various e-mail addresses I
have aimed at my gmail account, I don't bother with filters and it
still catches 99%.

I've kept every Okopipi 'discuss group' e-mail from the start, I might
post them all on a blog soon, quite sad how it started off so
promising, with everyone full of beans if you like, and now people are
dropping off of the mailing list due to lack of progress (or lack of
info).

I'd like to think it's still a work in progress, time will tell I
guess.