The structure for a new okopipi?

Professr

Dec 14, 2007, 1:33:08 PM12/14/07
to okopi...@googlegroups.com
This paper presents a clearly thought out, simple solution to creating
a peer to peer anti-spam filtering (and possibly opt-out automation,
with a little work) project.

- Professr

DistributedContentValidation.pdf

secondwheel

Dec 21, 2007, 6:55:20 PM12/21/07
to okopipi-dev
It looks like just a beginning, fortunately... I don't think he's even
as far along as the analysis was for Okopipi.
First, he's only looking into a faster-responding spam filter --
nothing in his proposed system thus far does anything about stopping
the spammers in the first place.
Second, how would he fingerprint the spam messages when every
individual spam includes large randomized portions?
Third, he requires sign-on at the start from someone like AOL.
Fourth, there are paid services already existing that do what he's
suggesting (there's one my brother uses whose name is slipping my mind
at the moment... but it collects realtime spam reports from users and
incorporates them into its filtering process, and he gets very little
spam)... they aren't getting attacked like BlueSecurity, because they
aren't actually causing any real harm to the spammers. They're just
filtering out the spam from going to people who definitely aren't
going to buy anyway.

~sw