Inconsistent music volume when mixing 原唱 and 伴奏

Rice

Dec 26, 2010, 8:04:14 PM12/26/10
to OkeOke.Net
我用的MKV歌曲有两个audio track. One is for 原唱 and another one is for 伴奏 (Music
only, without 原唱). 两个声道听起来音量一样大。

用OkeOke可以按比例混合 原唱 and 伴奏 声道。

我的问题是混合后的声音音量不正确。我用50%原唱 and 50%伴奏,混合后的声音要比单一原唱或者单一伴奏 声道声音都小。

OK OK

Dec 28, 2010, 3:06:30 AM12/28/10
to okeo...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you that the audio mix might have some issue. The current algorithm is to adjust volume linearly based on percentage. So output of 50% original plus 50% accompany will be the sum of 50% original audio volume plus 50% accompany audio volume. I'm not an expert in audio processing, maybe what the output should be is 1/sqrt(2) orignal plus 1/sqrt(2) accompany? Any advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

2010/12/26 Rice <rice...@gmail.com>

--
您收到此邮件是因为您订阅了 Google 网上论坛的“OkeOke.Net”论坛。
要向此网上论坛发帖,请发送电子邮件至 okeo...@googlegroups.com

Rice

Dec 28, 2010, 10:19:00 AM12/28/10
to OkeOke.Net
Volume (or power) should be the square of amplitude. I am not sure how
volume is implemented in a PC but I guess it is in amplitude. So I
would suggest to give this a try:

Ratios of audio 1 and audio 2 are r1 and r2, and r1+r2=1

Aout = A1*sqrt(r1)+A2*sqrt(r2)

In case r1=r2=0.5, Aout = 0.707*A1+0.707*A2.

A1 and A2 are the volumes of audio 1 and audio 2.

Rice

On Dec 28, 2:06 am, OK OK <letso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with you that the audio mix might have some issue. The current
> algorithm is to adjust volume linearly based on percentage. So output of 50%
> original plus 50% accompany will be the sum of 50% original audio volume
> plus 50% accompany audio volume. I'm not an expert in audio processing,
> maybe what the output should be is 1/sqrt(2) orignal plus 1/sqrt(2)
> accompany? Any advice will be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan
>

> 2010/12/26 Rice <rice2...@gmail.com>

> > 我用的MKV歌曲有两个audio track. One is for 原唱 and another one is for 伴奏 (Music
> > only, without 原唱). 两个声道听起来音量一样大。
>
> > 用OkeOke可以按比例混合 原唱 and 伴奏 声道。
>
> > 我的问题是混合后的声音音量不正确。我用50%原唱 and 50%伴奏,混合后的声音要比单一原唱或者单一伴奏 声道声音都小。
>
> > --
> > 您收到此邮件是因为您订阅了 Google 网上论坛的"OkeOke.Net"论坛。
> > 要向此网上论坛发帖,请发送电子邮件至 okeo...@googlegroups.com

> > 要取消订阅此网上论坛,请发送电子邮件至 okeokenet+...@googlegroups.com<okeokenet%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > 。
> > 若有更多问题,请通过http://groups.google.com/group/okeokenet?hl=zh-CN访问此网上论坛。

OK OK

Jan 29, 2011, 5:03:52 AM1/29/11
to okeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rice,

I made some change on the sound mixing. I think it should be working
better now. Please do the auto-upgrade and try it out.

Thanks,
Dan