Won't run in Chinese version Windows XP

Rice

Dec 26, 2010, 7:24:09 PM12/26/10
to OkeOke.Net
I came across OkeOke just two days ago. I really like this simple
program and have hoped to use it to replace my current 礼光后羿118
programs because of many reasons and features. I would like to say
thanks for the authors.

The first problem I encountered is with Windows XP chinese version.
The program (version 1.81) just crash with a message box:
"应用程序正常初始化(0x0000135)失败。请单击“确定”,终止应用程序"

There is no log file created in the program folder.

(I have installed .net 3.5 as suggested. The program crashed similarly
but with different error message before .net 3.5 was installed).

My Chinese-Windows XP was updated to SP3. I have minimal programs
installed on that computer because the Chinese version Windows XP is
for Karaoke purpose only.

PS: I have another PC with the same P-Windows XP installed and have
seen the same problem. And I have no problem to start OkeOke on
English Windows XP on the same PC.

Rice

OK OK

Dec 26, 2010, 8:01:57 PM12/26/10
to okeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rice,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you verify the .net you installed is 3.5 sp1? It's has to be sp1, 3.5 only won't be enough.

Thanks,
Dan

2010/12/26 Rice <rice...@gmail.com>

--
您收到此邮件是因为您订阅了 Google 网上论坛的“OkeOke.Net”论坛。
要向此网上论坛发帖,请发送电子邮件至 okeo...@googlegroups.com

Rice

Dec 26, 2010, 8:09:44 PM12/26/10
to OkeOke.Net
I have:
"Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5", version 3.5.7283. I installed
it by following the link in the OkeOke readme.html file.

Is this 3.5 sp1?

On Dec 26, 7:01 pm, OK OK <letso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rice,
>
> Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you verify the .net you installed is 3.5
> sp1? It's has to be sp1, 3.5 only won't be enough.
>
> Thanks,
> Dan
>
> 2010/12/26 Rice <rice2...@gmail.com>
>
> > I came across OkeOke just two days ago. I really like this simple
> > program and have hoped to use it to replace my current 礼光后羿118
> > programs because of many reasons and features. I would like to say
> > thanks for the authors.
>
> > The first problem I encountered is with Windows XP chinese version.
> > The program (version 1.81) just crash with a message box:
> > "应用程序正常初始化(0x0000135)失败。请单击"确定",终止应用程序"
>
> > There is no log file created in the program folder.
>
> > (I have installed .net 3.5 as suggested. The program crashed similarly
> > but with different error message before .net 3.5 was installed).
>
> > My Chinese-Windows XP was updated to SP3. I have minimal programs
> > installed on that computer because the Chinese version Windows XP is
> > for Karaoke purpose only.
>
> > PS: I have another PC with the same P-Windows XP installed and have
> > seen the same problem. And I have no problem to start OkeOke on
> > English Windows XP on the same PC.
>
> > Rice
>
> > --
> > 您收到此邮件是因为您订阅了 Google 网上论坛的"OkeOke.Net"论坛。
> > 要向此网上论坛发帖,请发送电子邮件至 okeo...@googlegroups.com
> > 要取消订阅此网上论坛,请发送电子邮件至 okeokenet+...@googlegroups.com<okeokenet%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > 。
> > 若有更多问题,请通过http://groups.google.com/group/okeokenet?hl=zh-CN访问此网上论坛。

OK OK

Dec 26, 2010, 8:20:03 PM12/26/10
to okeo...@googlegroups.com
in readme.html, it states "Microsoft .Net Platform .Net 3.5 sp1"
Please download the setup file in following link.

Thanks,
Dan
2010/12/26 Rice <rice...@gmail.com>
I have:

Rice

Dec 26, 2010, 10:16:49 PM12/26/10
to OkeOke.Net
The problem is fixed after I run Windows Update a couple of times
after I reinstalled the .NET 3.5 sp1 again. I guess it was .Net
version related.

On Dec 26, 7:20 pm, OK OK <letso...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in readme.html, it states "*Microsoft .Net Platform .Net 3.5 sp1*"
> Please download the setup file in following link.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Fam...
> > <okeokenet%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<okeokenet%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > --
> > 您收到此邮件是因为您订阅了 Google 网上论坛的"OkeOke.Net"论坛。
> > 要向此网上论坛发帖,请发送电子邮件至 okeo...@googlegroups.com
> > 要取消订阅此网上论坛,请发送电子邮件至 okeokenet+...@googlegroups.com<okeokenet%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > 。
> > 若有更多问题,请通过http://groups.google.com/group/okeokenet?hl=zh-CN访问此网上论坛。

Rice

Dec 26, 2010, 11:13:41 PM12/26/10
to OkeOke.Net
Well, the problem is not gone yet.

It is fixed on one of my laptop, but not the other one which is DELL
8600.

On my DELL 8600 with Chinese windows XP, the windows is fully updated
with .NET 3.5 sp1.

I got error message something like "Unsupported exception" on both the
OkeOke program and the updater. Do I need to install other supporting
DLLs?

BTW, the OkeOke program should really double check the DLL loading
before calling the functions in the DLLs. It should report which DLL
cannot be loaded instead of crashing out without warning.

OK OK

Dec 26, 2010, 11:21:42 PM12/26/10
to okeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rice,

Can you email me the log.txt file? or a screenshot of that error message.

Thanks,
Dan

2010/12/26 Rice <rice...@gmail.com>
Well, the problem is not gone yet.