Can't connect non-root user to bus for "crc setup"

Jason M

Feb 24, 2023, 3:25:07 PM2/24/23
to okd-wg
Hi,

I'm on day 2 or 3 of struggling with this. I'm trying to setup OKD on a fresh install of Ubuntu (a remote connection).

I keep getting stuck on "crc setup":

~# sudo -u nonroot /root/bin/crc setup
INFO Using bundle path /home/nonroot/.crc/cache/crc_libvirt_4.12.1_amd64.crcbundle
INFO Checking if running as non-root
INFO Checking if running inside WSL2
INFO Checking if crc-admin-helper executable is cached
INFO Checking if running on a supported CPU architecture
INFO Checking minimum RAM requirements
INFO Checking if crc executable symlink exists
INFO Checking if Virtualization is enabled
INFO Checking if KVM is enabled
INFO Checking if libvirt is installed
INFO Checking if user is part of libvirt group
INFO Checking if active user/process is currently part of the libvirt group
INFO Checking if libvirt daemon is running
INFO Checking if a supported libvirt version is installed
INFO Checking if crc-driver-libvirt is installed
INFO Checking crc daemon systemd service
INFO Checking crc daemon systemd socket units
INFO Setting up crc daemon systemd socket units
Executing systemctl action failed:  exit status 1: Failed to enable unit: Process org.freedesktop.systemd1 exited with status 1

I've been trying to use ChatGPT to help troubleshoot it, but it just leads me in circles, restarting dbus, systemd, etc. It even has me trying to start some non-existing service (I presume from some older or alternative version of crc / OKD):

sudo systemctl enable crc-daemon.service
sudo systemctl start crc-daemon.service

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason