working with DOC file

Devesh kumar

Oct 8, 2021, 3:48:53 AM10/8/21
to okapi-users
Hi All,

I have started using okapi recently, i  could process DOCX files but unable to do so for DOC files.
It would be great if anybody can give some suggestions on how to proceed.

Regards,
Devesh

Marc

Oct 8, 2021, 3:51:34 AM10/8/21
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Davesh,

doc-files are not supported by Okapi, only docx.

best

Marc

Devesh kumar

Oct 8, 2021, 3:54:52 AM10/8/21
to Marc, okapi...@googlegroups.com

Jean-Christophe Helary

Oct 8, 2021, 3:55:14 AM10/8/21
to Devesh kumar, okapi-users

> On Oct 8, 2021, at 16:48, Devesh kumar <deves...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have started using okapi recently, i could process DOCX files but unable to do so for DOC files.

Use Word, or LibreOffice to convert the files to docx (and eventually convert them back when the translation is complete.)

Same for .xls/.ppt → .xlsx/.pptx

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com

Chase Tingley

Oct 11, 2021, 5:26:45 PM10/11/21
to Jean-Christophe Helary, Devesh kumar, okapi-users
Hi Devesh,

As others have said, unfortunately we don't support DOC or the other legacy formats.  They are binary formats that require a completely separate implementation from the OpenXML ones.  Conversion to DOCX is the best path forwards for most use cases.

Devesh kumar

Oct 11, 2021, 11:49:39 PM10/11/21
to Chase Tingley, Jean-Christophe Helary, okapi-users
thanks everyone for helping, will follow the approach to convert it to DOCX.

Regards,

Devesh kumar