Ideas on how to solve this?

Michel Farhi-chevillard

Mar 1, 2024, 9:25:45 AMMar 1
to okapi-users
Hi,

We are implementing a process like this

We store the FPRM file in source control.   Our filter rules are global, in an external FPRM file.

The problem is that when we make changes to the FPRM in source control and there are still files in the TMS translation pipeline, then the Merge operation will fail because the latest filters doesn't match the filter that was used to create the original XLF.

I was wondering how people typically solve this?

Thanks

Marc Mittag

Mar 1, 2024, 10:05:03 AMMar 1
to Michel Farhi-chevillard, okapi-users

Hi Michel,

no experience with Tikal here - we are using Longhorn.

But you need to make sure, that you use the same filter and also same Okapi version to merge back, that you used, when you converted the file. I think, there is no other way.

Because of that in translate5 we always store all necessary files and also the Okapi Longhorn version, that were used for conversion and translate5 makes sure, that those are used, when converting back.

HTH

Marc