Extract content with xml its filter, but set it to translate="no" in xliff

Marc Mittag

Feb 14, 2023, 10:54:39 AM2/14/23
to okapi-users

Dear all,

is something like this possible?

Extract content with xml its filter (or the xml stream filter), but set it to translate="no" in xliff?

So that an editor could show the segment as context, but lock it for translation?

I could not find something like this in the ITS filter nor in the xml stream filter.

For attribute values in the stream filter there exists "ATTRIBUTE_READONLY" which seems to do that for attribute values, but how about tag contents for external tags?

Thank you very much for your help!

best

Marc

jimbo

Feb 24, 2023, 11:02:11 AM2/24/23
to Marc Mittag, okapi-users

As far as I know the only way to do this would be with a post-processing step. The XSLTransformStep would work if you know XSL. Otherwise you would have to write a custom step that would set translatable=false for all TextUnits.