Tikal merge - inline code and modified ctype attributes

Oscar Berg

Jan 24, 2023, 11:04:12 AM1/24/23
to okapi-users
Hi,

I am trying to find a good way to modify and preferably add new inline code (<g> tags?) to a xliff created using Tikal extract command with -codeattrs flag. Hoping I can get some guidance.

I'm using okapi framework 1.44 and extract a xliff from a docx using the -codeattrs flag but struggle when trying to merge back to a "translated original" docx.

The extract works nicely and I see ctype tags with the correct attributes but if I for example modify an attribute from x-italic; to x-bold; it's still italic in the merged docx even though the merge command completes without error.

1. Is there a way for me to configure so that the modified ctypes are used in the merge back to docx?

And adding new <g> tags does not seem to be allowed and merge command result in error.

2. Is there a way to for me to be able to add new <g> tags in the targets?

Any leads appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

jimbo

Jan 24, 2023, 11:10:09 AM1/24/23
to Oscar Berg, okapi-users

Hi Oscar,

Would you be able to open an issue here: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues

Can you attach a small docx with a single sentence with the formatting you want to update?

This should work in theory - but using g and x tags is now discouraged. But I would need to play with this to give you any specific advice.

cheers,

Jim

Oscar Berg

Jan 25, 2023, 2:41:00 AM1/25/23
to okapi-users
Thanks for the swift reply Jim!

I will create a in issue for it during the day. Just to make sure, when you write attach a small docx, do you mean in the issue ticket or here?

Our use case is that we want to stay in the xliff format as long as possible before merging back to an orignal, and that would require us to handle at least some level of style formatting. That makes me very curios about g and x tags being discouraged. Do you have any pointer or places I can find out more about that?

Best regards,
Oscar

Oscar Berg

Jan 25, 2023, 4:22:00 AM1/25/23
to okapi-users
Created an issue here:
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues/1186/changing-tags-and-modifying-inline-code

Thanks again Jim. Let me know if I can help somehow. Like I wrote in the ticket its a bit tricky for me to understand if my expected results are accurate assumptions.