Logic how do I generate bconf-files? We want to implement this in translate5

Marc

Aug 11, 2021, 3:50:19 PM8/11/21
to okapi-users

Hi Chase,

thank you very much!

We are on our way now to implement generating bconfs and soon will come to the point where we need to compile/decompile them.

Maybe we will have further questions then, let's see. In any case there will soon be a PHP example in open source code, how to write bconf files :-)

best

Marc

On 21.07.21 01:18, Chase Tingley wrote:
Bconfs are a pretty unpleasant format to deal with -- one of my old plans that's sort of fallen by the wayside was to rewrite everything to just use a standard JAR format or other zip-based archive.  The code that manipulates them is buried fairly deep in the rainbow codebase.

A few years ago, I wrote a couple of ant tasks related to Okapi, the most useful of which (for me) is the ability to generate bconfs as an ant task based on an XML descriptor.  This code hasn't been updated in a while, but it still works (I still use it.)  Feel free to use this code as a starting point:  https://github.com/tingley/okapi-ant/blob/master/src/main/java/com/spartansoftwareinc/okapi/ant/AssembleBatchConfigTask.java

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 9:05 AM Marc <ma...@marcmittag.de> wrote:
Dear all,

in translate5 we are using Okapi Longhorn for file format conversion.

We currently start to develop the customization of file filters through
the GUI of translate5 (so far you would have to use Rainbow, if you want
to create a custom bconf for a project import with translate5).

We had a look at the bconf and it is clear, that it contains all the
files that are contained in the folder that Rainbow created, if you
"install" a bconf.

So pipeline, srx, custom fprm-files and the extensions-mapping.txt.

So far so clear.

What is not clear: At the beginning, the end and in between the
different files that are "packaged" into a bconf there are some binary
bytes.

Could someone explain the logic behind those? And/or point us to the
code in the okapi github, that generates these bytes? What information
do they encode except that they seem to be file boundaries?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

best

Marc

Marc Mittag
MittagQI - Quality Informatics

Service Desk for Requests:
https://jira.translate5.net/servicedesk
Please request a login via mail, if you have none

MittagQI
Konrad-Lorenz-Weg 10
D-72116 Mössingen
Germany
Tel.:   ++49 (0)7473/220202
Fax:    ++49 (0)7473/220211
mailto: Ma...@MittagQI.com
Web:    www.MittagQI.com

Optionale PGP-Verschlüsselung:
Für jeden Mitarbeiter von MittagQI ist auf
pool.sks-keyservers.net
ein PGP-Key hinterlegt den Sie zur
PGP-Verschlüsselung Ihrer Mails an uns
nutzen können.