ITS for bilingual formats ?

Jean-Christophe Helary

Feb 19, 2022, 11:11:11 AM2/19/22
to okapi-users
(this mail was intended for this list, not the OmegaT list, sorry for the double posting)

So, what if I have an arbitrary bilingual format with "source" and "target" fields and need to convert so that the source comes from "source" and translation is entered into "target" ?

Is there a way to do that in Rainbow ?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com

Chase Tingley

Feb 21, 2022, 11:26:17 AM2/21/22
to Jean-Christophe Helary, okapi-users
This is what the ITS 2.0 targetPointerRule rule is designed to do: https://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#target-pointer

I believe the Okapi ITS filter supports this, although I have not worked with it.

jim

Feb 21, 2022, 12:39:31 PM2/21/22
to Chase Tingley, Jean-Christophe Helary, okapi-users

Jean-Christophe Helary

Mar 4, 2022, 8:18:09 PM3/4/22
to Jim Hargrave, Chase Tingley, okapi-users

> On Feb 22, 2022, at 2:39, jim <jhargr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> One bug: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues/914/its-filter-targetpointerrule-does-not

Thank you Jim for the reference.

Is there something that's being done about that bug ?

Jean-Christophe
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/okapi-users/5adcb6c0-6ac5-11d3-038f-7f9199487410%40gmail.com.

jim

Mar 4, 2022, 11:16:43 PM3/4/22
to Jean-Christophe Helary, Chase Tingley, okapi-users
Unfortunately no.

Last year I went through all our issues. Tested many. Deleted many and
re-prioritized. This one is unlikely to get attention IMHO. Our recent
priorities are toward xliff 2 and cleanup (so it is easier for new
developers to onboard and fix issues like this one).

However, on the outside chance, I would test the latest versions. You
never know when an external change might fix the problem.

Jim

Jean-Christophe Helary

Mar 4, 2022, 11:23:11 PM3/4/22
to Jim Hargrave, Chase Tingley, okapi-users

> On Mar 5, 2022, at 13:16, jim <jhargr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately no.
>
> Last year I went through all our issues. Tested many. Deleted many and re-prioritized. This one is unlikely to get attention IMHO. Our recent priorities are toward xliff 2 and cleanup (so it is easier for new developers to onboard and fix issues like this one).

:) Excellent. Thank you.

> However, on the outside chance, I would test the latest versions. You never know when an external change might fix the problem.

Ok.

JC