Checkmate terminology checks ?

Jean-Christophe Helary

May 15, 2022, 4:57:53 AM5/15/22
to okapi-users
I was wondering whether there was any work happening on Checkmate's terminology checks. The last time I asked, a long time ago, I seem to remember that Yves said that the feature was not really developed at all.

I need a way to reduce the false positives that are generated in some languages (for ex. German). Are there any parameters to tweak there ?

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 16, 2022, 9:17:08 AM5/16/22
to Jean-Christophe Helary, okapi-users
Hi JC,

No, no work has been done in the Okapi terminology checks since a long while. Maybe some improvement of the way regex work, but that would be very little.

Cheers,
-yves

Jean-Christophe Helary

May 16, 2022, 10:10:01 AM5/16/22
to Yves Savourel, okapi-users
Thank you Yves.

I'm looking for a multiplatform terminology check tool that brings less false positives that either OmegaT of Checkmate. Because depending on the langages in the pair, results can be close to not very useful.

JC
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/okapi-users/003701d86927%243ced5f20%24b6c81d60%24%40gmail.com.

Marc

May 16, 2022, 11:00:19 AM5/16/22
to okapi-users
Hi Jean-Christophe,

you can try to do the term-Check with translate5.

It uses openTMSTermTagger under the hood, that uses in turn the Apache
Lucene Stemming Algorithm.

You can try any time at demo.translate5.net.

We also could set up a demo instance for you.

Of course you can any time install translate5 yourself, yet it is a bit
complex.

https://confluence.translate5.net/display/CON/Installation+and+update

Will be changed to docker in some time, though

best

Marc
Marc Mittag
MittagQI - Quality Informatics

Service Desk for Requests:
https://jira.translate5.net/servicedesk
Please request a login via mail, if you have none

MittagQI
Konrad-Lorenz-Weg 10
D-72116 Mössingen
Germany
Tel.: ++49 (0)7473/220202
Fax: ++49 (0)7473/220211
mailto: Ma...@MittagQI.com
Web: www.MittagQI.com

Optionale PGP-Verschlüsselung:
Für jeden Mitarbeiter von MittagQI ist auf
pool.sks-keyservers.net
ein PGP-Key hinterlegt den Sie zur
PGP-Verschlüsselung Ihrer Mails an uns
nutzen können.

jimbo

May 16, 2022, 9:14:42 PM5/16/22
to Jean-Christophe Helary, Yves Savourel, okapi-users
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi-linguistic-tools/src/master/

This project has some more sophisticated term checking based on
LanguageTool (uses morphological processing etc.) - but it was never
integrated with Checkmate.

It is updated with the latest version of LanguageTool and I maintain the
unit tests.

Jim

On 5/16/22 08:09, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> Thank you Yves.
>
> I'm looking for a multiplatform terminology check tool that brings less false positives that either OmegaT of Checkmate. Because depending on the langages in the pair, results can be close to not very useful.
>
> JC
>
>> On May 16, 2022, at 22:17, yves.s...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi JC,
>>
>> No, no work has been done in the Okapi terminology checks since a long while. Maybe some improvement of the way regex work, but that would be very little.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -yves
>>

>> -----Original Message-----https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi-linguistic-tools/src/master/

Jean-Christophe Helary

May 16, 2022, 10:44:12 PM5/16/22
to Marc, okapi-users
Marc,

Thank you very much for the info.

I'll give the install a try.

Jean-Christophe
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/okapi-users/53573a59-4203-a917-7a74-d27e15c2b44c%40marcmittag.de.

Jean-Christophe Helary

May 16, 2022, 10:51:43 PM5/16/22
to Jim Hargrave, Yves Savourel, okapi-users
Thank you very much Jim.

I'll check that later this week.

Is there a binary somewhere ? I'm only seeing the repository download and the okapiframework.org page does not mention it.

Jean-Christophe
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/okapi-users/6c32474a-aaba-6a64-f35a-7da0ca81d2b3%40gmail.com.

Manuel Souto Pico

May 23, 2022, 1:15:38 PM5/23/22
to Jean-Christophe Helary, Marc, okapi-users
Hi Marc,

Is there a discussion list where one can write to ask questions and get help, e.g. with installing translate5?

Thanks.
Cheers, Manuel

Marc

May 23, 2022, 1:38:53 PM5/23/22
to Manuel Souto Pico, Jean-Christophe Helary, okapi-users

Hi Manuel,

we use a Stackoverflow-like system for this.

You can find it here:

https://confluence.translate5.net/questions

HTH

Marc

Manuel Souto Pico

May 23, 2022, 2:27:13 PM5/23/22
to Marc, Jean-Christophe Helary, okapi-users
Thanks! I think I have used it.
Cheers, Manuel