Anyone using Pensieve TM Server?

Marc

Oct 15, 2020, 6:42:39 AM10/15/20
to okapi-users
Hi there,

is anyone out there, who is using Pensieve TM Server?

We are thinking about, if it makes sense to integrate it with translate5
as a TM language resource.

Therefore it would be good to know, if someone uses it and what
functionality it actually supports so far and how performant it is for
big TMs. I could not find a lot about it in the Okapi wiki.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

best

Marc

Yves Savourel

Oct 15, 2020, 6:51:09 AM10/15/20
to okapi-users
Hi Marc,

We use it internally, in conjunction with other steps and function, but mostly as a fast way to temporarily store and retrieve segments, not as a classic TM usage.
It has been working well enough for our needs.

Cheers,
-ys

Marc

Oct 15, 2020, 6:57:18 AM10/15/20
to okapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yves,

thank you for your answer!

Can I somewhere find, what API calls the server supports and how
segments are stored, if I do not use files for this?

https://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php/Pensieve_TM_Connector

 suggests, that a server can be used, but nothing more is specified.

Or do I have to read the source code to find this information?

Thank you very much in advance

best

Marc

Yves Savourel

Oct 15, 2020, 7:00:23 AM10/15/20
to Marc, okapi...@googlegroups.com
There is a connector implementation for Pensieve, that's how we access it.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/okapi-users/18a7241c-8749-0923-7463-8f39dc793ad7%40marcmittag.de.

Wei Jiang

Oct 15, 2020, 7:10:39 AM10/15/20
to Yves Savourel, Marc, okapi...@googlegroups.com

I guess what Marc was asking about is how to set up the server itself. The following link has some info:

https://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php/Pensieve_TM#Pensieve_TM_Sever

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

Oct 15, 2020, 7:30:06 AM10/15/20
to Marc, okapi...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Wei.

Yes, my answer was rather useless.

As for the connector API, you can see the documentation

Here https://okapiframework.org/javadoc/net/sf/okapi/lib/translation/ITMQuery.html

And here: https://okapiframework.org/javadoc/net/sf/okapi/common/query/IQuery.html

-ys

Marc

Oct 15, 2020, 7:52:13 AM10/15/20
to okapi-users
Thank you Yves and Wei!

This means, there is currently only the way to use it in Java, right?

best

Marc

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/okapi-users/001c01d6a2e6%24866349c0%249329dd40%24%40gmail.com.
--
Marc Mittag
MittagQI - Quality Informatics

Service Desk for Requests:
https://jira.translate5.net/servicedesk
Please request a login via mail, if you have none

MittagQI
Konrad-Lorenz-Weg 10
D-72116 Mössingen
Germany
Tel.:   ++49 (0)7473/220202
Fax:    ++49 (0)7473/220211
mailto: Ma...@MittagQI.com
Web:    www.MittagQI.com

Info zum Anhang anbei:
Standardmäßig liegt jeder E-Mail bei MittagQI die
PGP-Signatur unseres jeweiligen Mitarbeiters bei,
um Ihnen die Möglichkeit zu geben,
E-Mails an uns zu verschlüsseln.

Yves Savourel

Oct 15, 2020, 7:57:28 AM10/15/20
to Marc, okapi-users

Yes. There is no REST interface, as far as I know.