Trying to understand default SRX rules in Ratel and Rainbow

Manuel Souto Pico

Apr 1, 2022, 12:42:24 PM4/1/22
to okapi-users
Dear all,

I'm trying to re-segment a bilingual XLIFF file (en-de) and I'm a bit confused.

I have taken the default SRX file that comes with Okapi and added a new group for German (mapped as "[Dd][Ee].* -> German". I have German right on top of ".* -> Default", so I assume that German-specific rules are applied first and that Default rules apply at the end to both languages.

However, it seems often a default rule is only applied to the English source and not to the German target, so I need to create the same rule again in the German-specific group.

So in a nutshell, I would like to confirm that my assumption is correct, my assumption being that default rules are applied to any language. Is that the case?

In the following gif you can see how my rule groups are sorted (default is the last one) and how the rule that splits at the end of sentences does not seem to work if I tell Ratel that the test text is German.

Any ideas what's going on?

Attached is my ruleset. Thanks!

Cheers, Manuel

talis2.srx

Manuel Souto Pico

Apr 4, 2022, 4:21:36 AM4/4/22
to okapi-users
Hi there again,

I kept trying things and I think the answer to my question is that the "Cascade language map matching" must be checked.

Cheers, Manuel