Next tasks for okapi core and filters...

jim

Nov 8, 2021, 3:37:28 PM11/8/21
to Group: okapi-devel
Once I rework TextUnitMerger these are some of the tasks I will be looking at in the coming year:

  1. Remove all deprecated code.
  2. Refactor YAML parser to make it simpler and easier to add new grammar rules (namely complex mappings)
  3. Add xliff 2 as a proper output format (tkit) for translation. Add xliff 2 support for custom okapi metadata (currently only supported in xliff 1.2)
  4. Continued code cleanup and simplification.
  5. Help with ICU4J message format filter as needed.
  6. Update Java Property and XML filters with ICU4J message format support.
  7. Go through okapi issues and make a second pass at organizing bugs (many may be fixed with the upcoming AbstractMarkupFilter PR).

If there are other hot issues let us know so we can prioritize.

Jim