RE: Teleconference - Thursday Sep-01-2022 - Summary

1 view

yves.s...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2022, 11:50:02 AM9/1/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Sep-01-2022 - Summary

And Thu/Fri midnight on Yoron island

https://www.google.com/search?q=Yoron+Island&tbm=isch

Present: Yves, Kuro, Jim, Dale, Mihai.

==== Release

1.44.0 has been released last week-end.

Many thanks to Mihai and all the contributors.

==== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/longhorn/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/

Yves to look at it:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/16

Jim: People keep having that security error about the XML parser.

.. this should be fixed already.

==== Commit rights:

ACTION ITEM: Yves or Chase to give rights to Alec.

Done: Chase did it. Thanks you Chase.

===== Build problems on GitLab

Longhorn still having issues.

Mihai did try, but didn’t succeeded so far.

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/xub4WPK7XwM

===== Segments.joinWithNext(int) changes code ids

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/NXPxx4acl3A

K: Do we need a version that keeps the ID the same?

J: Yes, I think it’s needed.

.. so yes we can add that.

.. other changes in 1.44 to preserve as much as possible metadata.

.. maybe some more test/work needed there.

.. maybe the default should be to preserve.

K: is re-doing a balance markers the way to do it?

J: probably fine.

Jim will go through and make sure the methods are consistent.

K: can add test cases.

J: that will help

===== SWT-related test on MacOS

We said we would address this after the release.

Mihai: it’s off for the 1.44 release.

M: The question is do we want to run SWT.

.. test for UI should probably a separate suite

J: agree. It probably be an integration test

.. for example support for BSD added.

J: may have approved it too fast.

.. maybe need a better protocol to approve changes like this.

===== Other Business:

--- build changes ahead (a couple weeks from now)

  • Get rid of the big jar
  • Type of tasks we run in the CI

M will send the link to the discussion as refresher

.. currently we have different builds for each platform.

--- Would be good to use the release instructions and check if all work.

M: will to the usual version updates.

J: think I updated ICU not long ago.

.. latest is71, so we are one behind.

.. new message format will be for 72. (tech-preview in a month or so)

Next call: Thursday Sep-15

-end