SWT issues on M2 macs?

Chase Tingley

Sep 15, 2022, 4:55:56 PM9/15/22
to Group: okapi-devel
Hi all,

We have a user running an M2 mac who is having trouble running any of the SWT-based apps on it.  I had her testing on the official 1.44.0 release (https://okapiframework.org/binaries/main/1.44.0/okapi-apps_cocoa-macosx-aarch64_1.44.0.dmg), and it worked for her on an M1 mac, but not an M2.

The error she saw from Rainbow was
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library.

Has anyone else seen or heard of this?  I am confused, as I thought M1 and M2 architecture was similar, and when I was looking at SWT stuff on github I didn't see a separate binary component for M2.

yves.s...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2022, 10:21:55 PM9/15/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chase,

FWIW, it seems to be a directory problem. Maybe the swt libraries are in a directory with an M2 specific name.

A lot of the solutions I see out there for this type of this error seems to be by creating a sym link to the expected directory name.

Cheers,

-ys

Aaron Madlon-Kay

Sep 16, 2022, 9:42:15 PM9/16/22
to Group: okapi-devel
I’ve seen weird SWT/architecture-related problems solved by blowing away ~/.swt.

I think what happens is

1. On an arm64 machine you run an x64 SWT and ~/.swt gets populated with x64 binaries
2. Later you run arm64 SWT, and it gets angry about the existing contents of ~/.swt

It seems like a problem that SWT should be smart enough to solve, but who knows.

-Aaron