Failure parsing MediaType

Marc Mittag

Oct 27, 2023, 3:36:00 PM10/27/23
to okapi-devel
Dear all,

once in a while we have clients, that try to import MS Office files
which fail. Even with a 1.46 snapshot from August they fail, but also
with 1.44. So this seems to be a persistent problem, that is not fixed
so far.

The error message is always similar to this (we use Longhorn):

HTTP Status was not 200/201/401 body:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: RESTEASY003340: Failure parsing
MediaType string:
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.documentapplication/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;
charset=binary

When I open the document in LibreOffice and resave it as docx and import
it, everything is fine. Same is true, when resaving it with MS.

So the document seems to be corrupt in some way, but in a way tolerated
by MS Office and LibreOffice, but not by Okapi.

Is this a known problem? Would you say, this should be fixed?

best

Marc

jimbo

Oct 29, 2023, 11:27:34 AM10/29/23
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, Marc Mittag
Marc,

My opinion is that if Word loads the document then we should be able to
filter it without error. Can you log a ticket?

Jim

Marc Mittag

Nov 1, 2023, 3:34:21 PM11/1/23
to jimbo, okapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

I have been in contact with the client, because we need their permission
to forward the problematic document.

I got the permission to forward it to a developer, but not to publish it
in the issue tracker of Okapi.

I think, that I create a bug there without a document to reproduce the
problem does not make sense.

Therefore I will forward it to Denis and ask him, if he can fix the
problem. I think, he will then also create an issue for this.

Thank you very much for your response!

best

Marc