Teleconference - Thursday May-26-2022

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 4:53:30 AM5/25/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday May-26-2022

Google Meet session:

https://meet.google.com/gjn-ywuw-hei

Fixed Time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2022-05-26T15:00:00

8am San-Jose, San-Francisco

9am Salt-Lake City, Boulder

6pm Dublin

5pm Oslo, Berlin, Krakow, Roma, Erquy

Fri 1am Brisbane

Thu/Fri midnight Tokyo

And Fri 9am on Kiritimati

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kiritimati+island&tbm=isch

Regrets:

  • Jim sent his regrets
  • Yves will not attend either (Thursday 26th is a French holiday)

==== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/longhorn/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/

Feedback from Jim:

  • I merged PR #604 (https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/604). I thought I saw a green check mark - but looking at it now that may have been mine :-). If there are any issues this is merged as a single squashed commit and we should be able to remove it. But all my tests are green and it looks stable.
  • I combined all the lib-serialization PR's into one (https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/606). This now includes the new TextUnitSerializaedMerger and the latest lib-serialization changes. All my tests are golden except for a few pathological xliff2 private files that I will continue to debug (fixes in a different PR). PR #606 should be ready to merge. Most changes are new code and additions to integration tests.

Additional notes (XLIFF2, ICU messages:

  • My next task is to get xliff 2.x post-segmentation working (needsSegmentation=true config option). Branch is "xliff2_post_segmentation".
    This will probably be my last PR for 1.44.0 (except for any needed bug fixes)
  • For Okapi 1.45.0 support for ICU messages in various container formats will be the priority.
    I will start from this branch: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/branch/icu_message

Jim’s original note at https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/EKswshp1Ifg

=====  Dropping 32-bit support

32-bit builds can be removed.

===== Java 11 issues

JABX problem with Longhorn build is failing.

Two projects have errors on Eclipse.

Both are connectors to engines that seem to be obsolete.

We should be able to remove them.

===== New serialization format for tests

For extract and merge.

See Jim’s notes at: https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/8Dh3QFqJGeY

Comments/questions are welcome

===== IDML Filter:

We had a few notes on missing export for IDML, both on the public list and

Denis took over the issue and worked with Konstantinos to address it.

===== Markdown filter

Kuro was working on it.

Ticket is well documented.

===== Other Business: