Gay grooming Starbucks charges couple over $4K for coffee, forcing them to cancel trip

gay coffee turds

Feb 10, 2023, 5:37:34 AM2/10/23
Starbucks’ coffee may be expensive — but this is ridiculous.

One Oklahoma couple got the java-jolt of their lives when they ordered two
cups of joe at one of the chain’s Tulsa outlets and wound up being charged
$4,456.27.

Jesse O’Dell said his bank account got ground down after he made his usual
coffee run on January 7, ordering an iced Americano for his wife and a
venti caramel frappuccino for himself, which added up to about $10.

The father of four didn’t realize what had happened as he didn’t
immediately check his receipt. But his wife Deedee later noticed that the
4-digit charge had been made for the drinks when she went to use her
credit card at a mall and it got declined, WNEM reports.

The couple said they soon contacted the company for help and Starbucks
officials sent them checks to make up for the lost cash — but the checks
bounced.

“We contacted their customer service helpline probably 30 to 40 times that
day,” Jesse said, noting that his family had to cancel a family trip
because they didn’t have the money at the time due to the error.

A spokesperson for Starbucks told the Post the first checks bounced
because of a typo, and that a new set of checks have been delivered and
cashed.

The spokesperson also put the blame for the mix up on the couple, saying
Jesse had submitted the enormous tip himself when placing the order.

Jesse, however, denies the accusation, saying that a district manager told
him it was caused by a network issue.

“I know how to press buttons. I didn’t press that button,” he told
McClatchy News in a phone interview. “If it wasn’t the barista then it’s
definitely your network, which is a really big issue.”

The couple had filed a complaint with the Tulsa police, but the case was
later closed when the good checks were delivered.

Jesse also warned other customers to watch out for surprising charges in
their own receipts in case what happened to him was not a one-time error.

The family was especially upset because the incident caused them to miss a
family vacation where they bought “non-refundable” tickets to visit
Deedee’s native Thailand.

“This is something that has caused duress in our family and hopefully
others don’t have to go through something like this,” he said.

<https://nypost.com/2023/02/09/starbucks-charges-oklahoma-couple-nearly-
4500-for-coffee/>

!Jones

Feb 10, 2023, 6:27:16 PM2/10/23
The entire transaction should have been logged and cross-referenced
with the security cameras. Also, the software should have immediately
flagged a "tip" that was beyond a reasonable bound for a tip. Likely
the CC software *did* detect it and froze the card... just guessing.

My question is: why is a family buying $10 frappuccinos if they can't
absorb an erroneous $4,500 charge for a day or two without bouncing
checks and canceling their international flights? Round trip tickets
for two to Thailand are quite a bit more than $4,500. I know, some
people don't *have* a $4,500 pad, but they shouldn't be buying
Starbucks coffee and booking exotic vacations.

I don't buy it.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Feb 10, 2023, 6:58:10 PM2/10/23
On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 17:27:12 -0600, !Jones <x...@y.com> wrote:

>I don't buy it.

Speaking of not buying, everyone can save this kind of hassle by not
buying that shitty coffee.

Have you ever seen a hot-air balloon aloft at night? No? Well, you
won't because they need the sun to warm the air.
!Jones FakeFacts™ No. 349,123
Collect them all!