Database agnostic testing

Sam Duke

May 5, 2014, 8:21:07 PM5/5/14
to ohm-...@googlegroups.com
Hey.

Love Ohm,
But I have some concerns with testing. It appears that the ohm projects test run with a real live redis database.
This is fine for developing on a local machine but I want to be able to test my projects ohm models on a remote
CI container. Therefore I really need to use an in memory redis database OR stub the calls to the database.

Is this functionality that i have missed or don't understand the development procedures of ohm?

Or is it rather functionality that just doesn't exist because of dependence on Redic

Cheers,
Sam

Edwin Corprew Reed

May 5, 2014, 9:34:03 PM5/5/14
to ohm-...@googlegroups.com

Use fakeredis (or similar) for testing redis-based stuff on CI servers
-- https://github.com/guilleiguaran/fakeredis

ymmv,

--Corprew Reed