Anybody interested in riding Perm 4097 - Up & Down the River 200 May 22?

Justin Castillo

May 11, 2021, 4:35:49 PM5/11/21
to Ohio Randos
Hi all,

I ride with the DC Randonneurs but have family in OH. My COVID project is to do an R-12 that hits 12 states. This is month 8, and my tally is 6 states so far. I'm looking to hit OH and KY this month by riding what looks to be a new perm on May 22 (could maybe do 23, too).

#04097 - Up & Down the River 200 - A bike ride in Cincinnati, OH (ridewithgps.com)

It's always more interesting to ride w/ others and meet new randonneurs, so if anybody's interested, give me a shout at justingcastillo@gmaildotcom. Looking to ride it in about 8.5-9 hours (or slower).

Thanks,

Justin

Jim Koegel

May 12, 2021, 8:44:01 AM5/12/21
to Justin Castillo, Ohio Randos

Maybe there's 2-3 more riders besides myself and Justin. With a well oiled paceline, we could average @ 15 mph. Could be a nice adventure, plus good training ride for the Ohio 400K.

roy burnham

May 12, 2021, 9:30:39 AM5/12/21
to Jim Koegel, Justin Castillo, Ohio Randos
Good luck on the Perm! Looking to get some distance on later this year.  Maybe then.

Alex Bachmann

May 12, 2021, 10:13:41 AM5/12/21
to roy burnham, Jim Koegel, Justin Castillo, Ohio Randos
Sorry Justin,

I’m pre-riding our 400k that weekend. Haven’t ridden that perm before, looks like a great time!

-Alex B
Ohio RBA

Scott Ebbing

May 12, 2021, 3:07:08 PM5/12/21
to Alex Bachmann, roy burnham, Jim Koegel, Justin Castillo, Ohio Randos

Just as an FYI. This will affect this route…  https://www.fox19.com/2021/05/12/purple-people-bridge-be-closed-indeterminate-amount-time/

You will probably need to go west just a little to the Taylor Southgate Bridge. It would add MAYBE half a mile to the route. Wanted to give ya’ll a heads up..

Scott

Justin G. Castillo

May 12, 2021, 4:30:28 PM5/12/21
to Scott Ebbing, Alex Bachmann, roy burnham, Jim Koegel, Ohio Randos
Thanks, Scott, for the heads up; this is the second time that a local rider has given me valuable intel about a perm (the first being in CO: a total road closure in a canyon with no detour that would have bought my ride to a complete halt!).

There's an Indiana randonneur who may be interested as well, so perhaps we'll get a few riders on board.

Regards,

Justin