Ohio 400K

feli...@fuse.net

May 3, 2022, 8:34:53 AM5/3/22
to ohior...@googlegroups.com
any chance of sending the upcoming 400K west out of chillicothe to Xenia? lots of route choices around Xenia. the big reason would be coming back to chillicothe with the open roads and bike trail at the end of the ride.
Definitely safer than coming back through Tar Hollow and the other hills in the dark with the exhaustion of  the last 50 miles of the 400K.
Include part of the 300K route for the second of part of the 600K.

Alex Bachmann

May 3, 2022, 8:50:10 AM5/3/22
to feli...@fuse.net, ohior...@googlegroups.com
These are the preliminary routes we submitted for the 400k and 600k. It remains largely the same route as the 300k until turning west south of Wellston and then bowing to the north up and down one of the most infamous climbs in Ohio, Jester Hill in Bainbridge. The 600k day 2 is 70% bike trail with less than 2,000ft of climbing. I rode it this weekend and recorded 960 ft.

At this point they are under review by RUSA and we have passed the deadline to make significant changes. I will work on detours around the closed roads we encountered last week and evaluate options to avoid Tar Hollow at night.

Routes need to be submitted 5 weeks ahead of an event and we generally finish the work several months ahead of the submission deadline.

We will gladly accept any input from members during the route building process, but unfortunately after submission we can only make small changes.

-Alex B
Ohio RBA