State of Ohio Randonneuring Address 1/3

Alex Bachmann

May 10, 2023, 8:31:38 AM5/10/23
to Ohio Randos
We have a few weeks before our next event, so I’d like to take the time to begin addressing the state of Ohio Randonneuring.

As most of you know by now, this year will conclude my 4 year run as Ohio’s RBA. I took the role as a temporary promise to see our region into the next PBP. During my course as RBA, we have revamped the website, consolidated an extensive list of routes, and ushered in new and returning riders to the program. I am very proud of the work myself and my team has put forth during this effort, and the last thing any of us wants to see is our region going dark because we aren’t able to name a replacement.

I still have no commitment made by anyone to take the role next year. A few folks have shown interest or asked questions, but I’m not able to name any names yet. That means the role is open to any and everyone; rider, spouse, volunteer, whatever. If you care about Ohio Randonneuring as much as I do, and you can make the time commitment, let’s talk.

I want to work extensively with the new RBA this year, showing them everything I know and have learned and having them shadow me during an event. I will still continue to volunteer for, and ride in our brevets for years to come. With the changes we’ve made to the program, you’d be surprised how little route and technology work will be required for the next in line.

If you have any interest, please message or email any leads. My last ditch effort will be to reach out to other RBAs who may be interested in running an additional region. I’d much prefer a local Ohioan to take the role. This is my first of 3 formal requests. At the conclusion of the 3rd request, if no commitment is made, I will proceed without calendaring ACP events for 2024.

-Alex B
Ohio RBA

Scott Ebbing

Feb 29, 2024, 9:03:14 AMFeb 29
to Ohio Randos

roy burnham

Feb 29, 2024, 9:09:00 AMFeb 29
to Scott Ebbing, Ohio Randos
Huge loss.  I remember doing a 600k with Bob.  Nice guy.

Roy

Jim Koegel

Mar 7, 2024, 9:55:04 AMMar 7
to Ohio Randos
rode with Bob on a number of brevets over the years. He was a great riding companion. Such an accomplished cyclist and Randonnée. Saw him and his wife many times on the Loveland bike trail. RIP Bob