ACP 200k on 4/6

Alex Bachmann

Mar 29, 2022, 9:34:24 AM3/29/22
to Ohio Randos
Our second brevet of the season begins next Saturday at 8am. This route will feature more climbing than our first brevet, and will likely be sparsely supported. Please factor these two key elements into your decision making processes. A small route deviation is currently in the works. Please wait until the final version is posted before downloading.

I am actively seeking control volunteers. Please reach out to me again even if you have previously so I can get a head count. My decision to ride with the group or work controls will be based solely on weather this time.

The host hotel for this event was quite nearly booked the last I checked. We did not get enough early reservations to secure a discounted rate. You may consider adjacent lodging or other alternatives if you are traveling as the price is difficult to swallow.

The unfortunate pandemic-induced backlash I am facing this year is the incredible difficultly of locating hotels to begin our routes from that are both friendly, clean, and reasonably priced. Similar to the old saying in sales, you can only have 2 of 3, never all at once. Going forward, I’d like riders to envision the hotel suggested as merely a starting point, not required lodging. In the future I will consider running more events from parks or other public places.

Registration will close at 11:59pm Wednesday 4/6.

-Alex B
Ohio RBA