ACP 200k preride

Alex Bachmann

Apr 4, 2021, 7:35:28 PM4/4/21
to Ohio Randos
Greetings fellow randos,

Yesterday, I rode the ACP 200k. It was created last year, before the pandemic, when I had envisioned my first year as RBA conducting our rides in and around Columbus. We recycled it due to the low turnout of that event.

-You will begin your adventure on bike trail exiting the Columbus metro area. Once in the countryside, straight, open roads will be the mainstay for most of your day. Upon entering Columbus suburbs up northwest, you will join the trail network back into Columbus, and then ride into the finish on a historic metro bike way.

-On paper, the route is very flat. In person, there are some shallow grades here and there, and some rolling areas, but you won’t need your big gears this time.

- Your biggest obstacle will be wind. When drafting ideas for how I wanted to showcase Ohio’s roads during my stint as RBA, I wanted to prove that FLAT does not always equal FAST. Boy did that happen to me yesterday. If you get a SW wind like I did, as is customary for much of Ohio, prepare to spend about 60% of your day battling air.

-One road was closed near Mt Sterling, due to bridge construction. We are currently working on a detour, but the route has not yet been updated. This is a big reminder to wait until as close to the event as possible before printing your cues and downloading the route!

Registration will close at 6pm Thursday evening for Saturday’s event.