2024 Ohio Region Calendar Announcement!

Joshua Haley

Oct 12, 2023, 11:29:41 AM10/12/23
to Ohio Randos
2024 Ohio Region Calendar Announcement!

Hello All! RUSA has approved our 2024 Calendar, and it is officially live! We have a ton of events in store for the next year with stuff for everyone. We have you covered if you want to enjoy a scenic pop or tackle 27,000ft of climbing.

First up, we will have our opening weekend out of Xenia, Ohio, with a concurrent 100/200. With Ohio, this could be lovely, or it could be bitterly cold like last year.

  • 2024/03/23 RUSAP  100 km - Caeser Creek - Jamestown Populaire
  • 2024/03/23 ACPB   200 km - Xenia-Russell's Point 200k

Then, we will have our ACP Series running from April through June and the Flèche ending at Chateau Buzzee. We will be dusting off some of the routes that haven't been used in a while for the Series.   The 200/300 will be out of the Springfield, Ohio, area, and the 400/600 will be out of Macedonia. I need to do some legwork this winter to ensure the starting locations and controls are current. For anyone put off by last year's climbing, I can't promise flat, but they are flat compared to 2023!

  • 2024/04/06 ACPB   200 km - Springfield-Troy 200km
  • 2024/04/27 ACPB   300 km - Springfield-Troy-Russell Pt 300km
  • 2024/05/04 ACPF   360 km - To Senior Buzzee's! Saturday Start, Sunday Finish!
  • 2024/05/18 ACPB   400 km - Macedonia-Meadville-Sandy Lake 400K
  • 2024/06/08 ACPB   600 km - Macedonia-Meadville-Salem 600K

New this year, we will have two Rouleur series!

A Columbus area series hosted by Dave Buzzee runs April-June.  Routes TBD.

  • 2024/04/21 RUSAP  100 km - TBD
  • 2024/05/11 RUSAP  125 km - TBD
  • 2024/05/26 RUSAP  150 km - TBD
  • 2024/06/15 RUSAB  200 km - TBD

Additionally, a North East Ohio series hosted by Lynn Clark and Elly Winer runs from June to August.

  • 2024/06/23 RUSAP  100 km - Likely  Gervasi-Salem-Hartville Loop
  • 2024/07/07 RUSAP  125 km - TBD
  • 2024/07/20 RUSAP  150 km - TBD
  • 2024/08/10 ACPB   200 km - Wooster Amish Clockwise 200k

Both Rouleur Series will converge with a Dart Populaire ending in Mt Vernon on July 27th.

  • 2024/07/27 RUSAF  120 km

Finally, we will return to Zanesville for another running of the 8k600k. While difficult, this ride ended up being incredibly scenic and will be run again in 2024 by request.

  • 2024/09/21 ACPB   600 km

Between these and the events put on by our neighboring region, there is no lack of events to ride in 2024. Ensure your RUSA membership is current, and I'll see everyone in March! If you are looking for an extrinsic motivator in the short term, I highly recommend you check out Coffeeneuring (https://chasingmailboxes.com/2023/09/24/coffeeneuring-challenge-2023-lucky-13), which just started up.

Josh

Joshua Haley

Oct 12, 2023, 11:38:59 AM10/12/23
to Ohio Randos
It was pointed out that I had a typo in this announcement.  It's "Señor" Buzzee, not Senior.  Dave is far too young at heart to be called Senior.

Josh

David Buzzee

Oct 12, 2023, 11:45:05 AM10/12/23
to Ohio Randos, Joshua Haley
Boy that's a relief. At first it appeared to be an outbreak of passive-aggressive snark. I'm very happy with "Señor".

db

Joshua Haley

Oct 12, 2023, 11:49:56 AM10/12/23
to David Buzzee, Ohio Randos
It would be very unwise to be passive-aggressive to the source of coffee and breakfast after a 24-hour ride😂.  It's "Señor" because we will be finishing on Cinco-de-Mayo!

Josh

David Buzzee

Oct 12, 2023, 12:12:34 PM10/12/23
to joshua...@gmail.com, Ohio Randos
With that reminder, I'll see if we can put breakfast burritos on the menu.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 11:49 AM, Joshua Haley

Larry Parker

Oct 17, 2023, 11:17:36 PM10/17/23
to Ohio Randos

Fellow OhRandos:

SUNDAY Oct 21 time TBD, try the Jamestown 100k but start in Corwin. Climb early, finish on the trails?

I am in SW Ohio, Cincinnati. Scott and I have been riding some 100-200-300k (bad stuff happened on the 400) but I read about groups that meet up and do perms and such (https://rusablogs.blogspot.com/) and I think it would be fun to get a group together and do some Audax style rides.  I think 100k populaires would be good for starters. You younger stronger folk could come in tired and use it as a recovery ride, or sit on the front and do the work. Or both?  And the slower, weaker and . . . MATURE riders could use it as a hard day out, or just sit in the draft all day. Or both.  There are a LOT of perm-pops in the tri-state. Toshi has a bunch, Jim Vajda ( I think I have that name correct?) has a bunch around Oxford, there are several others.

I am thinking the Third Sunday of the month, but I am flexible. Every Sunday might work for me!

Pros:

Motivation: Committed to a group outing, don’t want to let people down even if it is cold

Meet more riders, socialize a bit

Help new comers and  uhm, mature folk

Get a nice ride in with back up if Sh@# happens on a cold day

If you feel “held Back”  you can always ride off the front at some point

Just have fun.

If there were enough regulars, a miss for family/events, would not be a big deal.

Cons:

A slower pace than some might do on their own? (but come in tired AND pull everybody!)

A faster pace than some might like?  Sit on and dig deep = improvement

Driving to a ride.  I hate doing that, but it would be worth it!

Email me directly if you would be interested in this.  I will assemble a list and a mass email so we could all discuss it.

Hopefully,

Larry Parker

RUSA 1328

Alex Bachmann

Oct 18, 2023, 6:23:54 AM10/18/23
to Larry Parker, Ohio Randos
Larry,

I can probably meet you for some, likely not all, of the Ceaser Creek POP. I live 2 miles from the start. Email me when you have a time. The earlier the better.

-Alex B

Larry Parker

Oct 20, 2023, 6:38:39 PM10/20/23
to Alex Bachmann, Ohio Randos

NOT this weekend.

I have a sister, and a sister-in-law that got admitted to Hospital in the last couple days. Things could be happening this weekend, I am staying close to home. Maybe even IN my home with ROUVY?   Scott and I do want to start doing this, though. We will try to schedule another weekend(s).

Best laid plans and all that.

Larry Parker

RUSA 1328

.

David Buzzee

Oct 20, 2023, 9:03:40 PM10/20/23
to Larry Parker, Alex Bachmann, Ohio Randos

Thanks for setting this up. Keep us posted.

db

Sent from Mail for Windows