101 Populaire

Alex Bachmann

Aug 23, 2022, 6:26:47 AM8/23/22
to ohiorandos
Greetings fellow Randos,

Next up, Randonneur 101 Populaire Sept 10 @9am

I’ve had a few questions regarding this event so I’d like to clarify a few things.

I made a critical error in planning the event. The roads I intended to use leaving from Xenia will be shared with Ohio Renaissance Festival goers and will be unsafe for bikes. I have decided to relocate the event using one of our currently approved populaire routes. I would like to avoid using the Canal Winchester 101 route.

Any suggestions? I’m leaning towards Dry Creek Crossing, or the Hocking River Ramble. I would like the start location to be an acceptable location for a small gathering post event, and possibly a cook out.

-Alex B
Ohio RBA

Scott Ebbing

Aug 23, 2022, 11:49:34 AM8/23/22
to Ohio Randos
I think the Hocking River Ramble would be a fun one to do.. I have to see if I can arrange to be able to do that one.. 😊

Alex Bachmann

Aug 23, 2022, 7:59:39 PM8/23/22
to Scott Ebbing, Ohio Randos
We will ride the Hocking River Ramble.

More info to come in the next few days.

-Alex B
Ohio RBA

> On Aug 23, 2022, at 11:49 AM, Scott Ebbing <deca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think the Hocking River Ramble would be a fun one to do.. I have to see if I can arrange to be able to do that one.. 😊
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohiorandos/000201d8b707%24efcc5730%24cf650590%24%40gmail.com.

christine graham

Aug 24, 2022, 7:47:16 AM8/24/22
to Alex Bachmann, Scott Ebbing, Ohio Randos
Here are two thoughts about a start location for Hocking That is right Adam microbrewery for eight after ride gatheringand also if we rethink using dry Creek Crossing a micro brewery that’s nearly right across the street to have a gathering at the end.
image3.png
image2.png

christine graham

Aug 24, 2022, 7:50:19 AM8/24/22
to Alex Bachmann, Scott Ebbing, Ohio Randos
I hit send before I finish my reply.

the one near Athens is called eclipse company store
it’s a microbrewery also and it is right on the trail
we could start there go down to Athens and back or up to Logan and back and end there they have parking also

The Westerville location is kind of more century located in the state as a consideration

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 24, 2022, at 07:47, christine graham <cmgrah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here are two thoughts about a start location for Hocking That is right Adam microbrewery for eight after ride gatheringand also if we rethink using dry Creek Crossing a micro brewery that’s nearly right across the street to have a gathering at the end.
image3.png
image2.png

Alex Bachmann

Aug 24, 2022, 8:18:43 PM8/24/22
to christine graham, Scott Ebbing, Ohio Randos
We settled on the Hocking River Ramble for our 101 Populaire, out of Logan, Ohio. The picturesque route meanders along the river through Wayne National Forest to the turn around in Athens, using some bike trail and some rolling hills.

This event is a great opportunity to show someone new the crazy thing you do on a bike called randonneuring, or get some extra miles in toward your K-hound or P12.

Registration is up on the website. Route and cue are up to date.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32031710